It’s hard to get around making spooky characters dark and creepy. Seems like it’s always been that way. Why? My guess is, because our fears are enhanced at night when it’s harder to see, so our imaginations sometimes play tricks on us. Many people are afraid of the dark, so we associate “dark” with “scary.”
- Big bad biker dude who loves bubble baths
- Sophisticated rich lady who chews tobacco
- Fashion model who prefers to wear thread-bare repeat clothes and hates nail polish & makeup
- The CEO who wears overalls to the office instead of suits
- An auto mechanic who abhors greasy hands and gets regular manicures
Those are just a few. I bet you can think up some good ones.